sx600 piped, clutching

miikkeli

can somebody help with clutching of my sx600 with psi triples on it.

i already have a 8ca weights and 51/43 (rx1) helix. And then i have 8cr,8dg weight myself

sled is not yet ready, but then when it would be ready. Would be nice if the adjustment would not be quite lost. It would be a good start to fine-tune.

I could apply this model in any other clutch settings. example 600srx or 700sx. because there is not much info about clutching 600 piped redhead.

This came from the tech section. I realize you have PSIs but this was the only one there. What year is yours?

99 SX600 w/Bender pipes

51/43 Helix, 89-L weights no rivet, stock springs, and stock gearing. Jetting: 140 mains.

99 year, i have seen that in the tech page, but 89l is hard to find and new ones cost about 175 EUR here.

So if i can use those 8ca or 8cr with good results, thats would be better.

And i build a watercross sled and i ride almost sealevel 650ft.

what is the difference on 89a and 89l because i own one set of 89a, if i remember correctly. Is that so old weight that technical information books doesnt know anything about it.

Yes its 3,7 gram heavier so can i grind the 3,7 of each weight. I found the chart of 89a weight on 2008 techical information book. But 89l weight i didnt find on any book. And that link on ebay itt ended before i see it.

Whats part of weight i should grind tip,center or ?

And weight has only one rivet hole so its have to be 89a-00

But if somebody have a good clutching setup for 600sx piped , i wanted to know

Try this:( should get you close) 8cr weights with a 13.3 rivet ,inside hole
w/s/w primary spring or a green psi spring( if you can find one)
51/43 helix ,or close to it
14.5 mm rollers
70 * wrap on sec.
run at 9000 rpm!
gearing at 21/40

Do you have the right jetting for those pipes?

Last edited:
not yet, but i think thats not a problem. but if you know right jetting that would be easier to start tuning it.

i will try that when i get sled ready to ride. 13,3 rivet, did they even make so heavy ones. only have to buy the spring.

And if i want higher engament like 4500rpm or maybe even higher what spring i have to use.

the 13. 3 is length in mm. (3.1 grams) psi 's are funny pipes, you actually have to jet down with these pipes, instead of up! and raise just two of the three needles.

one more question. do you mean long or short spring. because i own both covers and i dont even no anymore what is the stock cover for that sled.

And which one should I use. which one is better to use.

99 was first year of the tall cover. Also there is 89a-10 and 89a-00 the -10 weight 47.5 and have 2 holes.

one more question. do you mean long or short spring. because i own both covers and i dont even no anymore what is the stock cover for that sled.

And which one should I use. which one is better to use.
This is for the short cover, and 2000 was the first year of the tall cover for that sled!

Back