Triple pipes on a 98 VMax SX 700

I know of a few people that have done it in the past. I don't think the sleds are around any more. They bolt on, but I can't remember for sure, but I think the belly pan has to be modified, but the hood doesn't fit perfect anymore. There is gain in HP but I don't know how much. I doubt that's the same as you would get from a set of Benders, CPRs or Haucks, because those are tuned for the red-heads. But I don't really know. I have a friend that used a set of after market pipes, and modified them to fit an SRX muffler. They sounded very mellow, and certainly still gave you more kick, you could tell when you rode it. I don't remember what brand of pipes he used.

They will not bolt on flanges re totally diffrant sx 2 bolt srx 4 bolt what ur thinking is viper with srx pipes modding belly pan

They will not bolt on flanges re totally diffrant sx 2 bolt srx 4 bolt what ur thinking is viper with srx pipes modding belly pan

Well, I do remember that one the sleds I was thinking about was a 97 700sx. I don't have any clue how he made it work. He hasn't owned that sled for 10 years. All I do remember was that the hood didn't sit right on it. So I would inclined to say it's not worth it.

The other sled that I mentioned that the guy used aftermarket pipes and a SRX muffler was also a 97 700sx, That one he did some cutting and welding to make the pipes match up to the SRX muffler. As far as I know he still has that sled.

i can't really comment on how the srx pipes would work... nothing that hasn't already been said anyway. I just bought a set of power inc end dumps! should be here tomorrow, i hear those and benders are the best redhead pipes:sled2:

Back