96 xmax 600 twin pipes

hessracing

Hey guys I have a friend of mine with a 96 vmax 600 hes lookin to get some sound and power out of it ive seen twin pipes on ebay for them before doesn this require jetting? im assuming so has anyone had these before?

That thing already has a GYT on it. It's probably @ 25% larger than Yamahas other twins with single pipes. I personally wouldn't do twin pipes on a Yami twin unless your good with tweeking the carbs until there set up well. 96s were the only ones that the GYTs came stock.

Last edited:
Only the xt's had the GYT single in 96, just a small HP increase the twins worked very well I had the GYT twins and PSI twins and both worked well, and yes jetting and clutching will need to be changed.

GYT twins are a GREAT upper mid range to top end pipe. They don't come on till about 52-5500. then HANG ON cause she pullin' like a freight train!
A GYT single is SMOOTH from the bottom up and will net more ponies than a stock exhaust, Had one on my '96XT. Yamaha claimed about 3-5 sled lengths in a 1/4 mile where the twins will gain about 7-10 lengths(their claim)... The twins will be pingy sounding from the gasses entering the pipe and the single will sound about the same as the stocker. Just an FYI if you haven't any experience with GYT pipes.

Id port it and put on a GYT single myself, AND if your friend were to find/get GYT pipes twins (Bender pipes) the jetting specs are available on here, As far as I know the GYT single doesn't require any drastic jetting - pretty much stock jetting.
Also as stated above you'll need to re-clutch.

While I agree that the twins blow up quicker (been there :( ) THEY ARE A TON of fun like they said they kick in around 5300 - 7200 and its like the flood gates open she goes from about 35-75 in a second or two fun but interesting on the trails honestly you won't go 40 through the turn but you will have fun coming out of them as long as its out into a straight shot otherwise your stuck in the middle per say.

That said I wouldn't pull them off my XT for anything.

Back