Maxximum Performance Quick Rods

Garyauk

Does anyone have the owners manual/ user's guide for maxximum performance quick rods? I recently purchased a 1999 SX 700 that has them on it and I don't know how to adjust them. I have done some reading up on them but mine has a large nylon spacer on the bottom and a thinner nylon spacer on the top. I know you are supposed to have equal distance top and bottom while sitting on it but what should gap be and how does different thickness nylon spacers affect this measurement. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

search Betheviper's write up on setting up your skid.He explains everything in there and what the spacers should be for long and short traveled skids.

Mine have the adjustable hand knobs. I believe they are Maxx Perf. Quick Rods. I have learned quite a bit about the adjustable transfer rods on this site and others, however I still am unsure what the gap should be with me sitting on the sled (I weigh roughly 185), and why there is a small nylon spacer and a large nylon spacer on each rod. I would think they should be the same thickness. ?
I got a really good deal on this sled ($700)! It's a 1999 Yamaha VMAX SX 700 with only 2500 miles on it. All original parts except for adjustable transfer rods. I am going through it now and started with the skid and then's when I noticed the adjustable transfer rods. MAXX Perf has apparently gone out of business so it's not easy getting specifications for them.

Last edited:
before 2000 those skids were not the best for weight transfer. thats why these sleds have those, and many srx,s also use these. that gap will control how much weight transfer you have. more gap, more ski lift. of corse less hold lift back. i think this is something you will need to test on snow. if this helps. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Last edited:
I can believe that as I had to have a friend weld the "W" frame which was cracked in at least two spots. I think I have a better understanding of exactly what the adjustable transfer rods do now. Thanks to all for the information!

those w arms are a weak point, not just yours. seen many crack. if possible, get yourself one that has not been cracked. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Yes I would like to see the install/user direction if you have them. I bought the sled used with the maxximum perf control rods but maxx perf has apparently gone out of business and I have no idea how to set up and get the maximum use out of them. Thanks!

Don't know if you received your inst. from snowdad but I have the specs for those transfer rods...for stck suspension on your sled you should have a 15 mm and a 10 mm plastic washers. 10 goes on top or upper and 15 goes on bottem or lower....stock adjustment is the 2nd line with five lines showing! line 3-7 will increase transfer

Last edited:
I did receive the instructions but they did not have the information you provided. Thank you for that post that's exactly the info I was looking for. Glad I rechecked this post. Thank you!

Back