Part # for shimming spider

norwegian

Hi
I have left the 01 Yamaha update book at home. Does anyone here have it? I am looking for the part # for the shims that are used to "shim the spider", which means bringing the buttons on the spider a little closer to the moving sheave. Can someone look it up?
thanks.

Weird, I'm looking at that on a pc, and it says "Mobile view not avaiable" ??

This seems to fit older Yamahas. I'm going to use it on a 01 MM, will the part # be the same?

for mountain applications, yamaha figured out that if you shim the spider a bit tighter the wear components would last longer. this is for the deep powder, low speed, and hill climbing applications which create more heat.

yes, they will work for your clutch as per yamaha recommendations. in fact, any 2 stroke sled that sees the above conditions described will benefit from these shims. you want to shim the spider a little tighter, down to minimum clearance(.004?) as long as the spider moves freely in the sheave you have done a good job.

get six, not three, if your ordering( i am out), and make sure the buttons are good if not new as well. not enough mass there to upset balance, but if you only shim one side, shim that same side on all three arms. same applies if you need to shim both sides. in other words, dont do one arm with one shim and another with two, keep them all the same. thats not the law, its just a rule of thumb that i follow.

Back