Aftermarket skid swap

Backwoods M Max

I'm sorry I didn't get too many along the way pictures but here's the finished product. 151-156 EZ-Ryde in a 151 mountain max. EZ Ryde was super helpful even though it was an e-bay skid. At the end of it all I'll probably end up spending about $350 with them on parts because there are some wear items needed to be swapped this summer and I had to buy wider tunnel cross shafts to make it fit. It came out of a cat and the skid is narrower. It also had ice age rear wheels and an axle in it. The 8" wheels were a bad idea because they didn't put an offset axle in it. Its got my 7" yamaha wheels in it for now but there must be some kind of offset in the wheel because it's rubbing the outside drive lugs. Ice age said there axle is designed to be a no swap deal and the skid was designed for 7 1/4" polaris pro wheels so you can feel the track clips clicking the hyfax as the come off it. It gets me rolling so I can get back up in my truck and off to storage. I'll get the parts over the summer and have it ready to go for the fall. Its super plush and very easy to adjust so I can't wait to try it. The weight savings including removed yamaha brackets was 28lbs and thats on a stripped 141 yamaha skid with 5" rail extensions. The front tunnel brackets are these super cool adjustable ones. The ez ryde has no limiter straps and ski lift is controlled by front cross shaft height. They allow 1/4" adjustments. The shocks use a pinch collar for spring preload so you back off the pinch nut and use a pin to rotate it. Very slick. I am impressed all the way around. photo 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto.JPGphoto 1.JPG

No it's a '10. There is some articulation but not like the new one. Can't wait to ride it next year. It's going to be a long summer staring at it.

Sled looks sick with the new skid!!! How much did you get it for?? I saw one two years ago on craigslist for over 2k but it also came with a track. One guy that rides with my group has an Ez ryde on his polaris and loves it. Only problem he had with it was going through hyfax but he rides trails with his. He ended up having 6 wheels put on it which fixed the problem. Don't think you're going to have that problem.

I bought the skid for $1350 off eBay. It was $90 to ship it. I had to get wider mount shafts and spacers and the adjustable front mounts. That was $210 but $150 of it was for the fancy front mounts I didn't have to get but did. I ended up needing some 7 1/4" polaris rear wheels. The guy who had it before me pulled his 8" cat wheels and swapped them over without using an offset axle (stupid) so there wasn't enough slack to fit the skid in. That was $50 I wasn't planing to spend but I have some 8" bio hazard ice age wheels to sell now. I will need to change the front mount bushings and some idler wheel bearings before fall. All in all it will probably be about $1850 riding next winter.

Back