Viper CDI...

INLINE4

Thinking on putting one on my 01 SXR 700...Any issue's since there is no power valves ?

Just put it in before...Noticed the coolant temp light keeps flashing, is that because of no torrs ? Just setting up a sled for my daughter to start racing on at Lanzi's 660' only on C-12....Great to hear from you buddy... :)

we have a viper box on frankies sx. his motor is a 01 sxr so the harness plugs are all the same. the box you want is the 2002 viper box 8ek.after 02 the boxes were knocked back in timing. becareful here builds alot of timing. be fine with that fuel. ron alot of yamaha folklore about these race cdi box that yamaha reprogramed. their 02 viper boxes. the tors should be bypassed , contiunest bleaking could also be different issue . 3:16

Just sayn wasn't blinking with the stock box...Also when my nephew and I got sponsored by Yamaha Gordy did call me about a race CDI for the 2002 Viper we had..After that call I thought the stock 2002 Viper wasn't good but we won the first race out with that sled at a PRO race at Montgomery NY , even beat "Pauls Ice" witch was sponsored by Hauck

One thing I did notice with that Viper box the pipes and engine heated up allot quicker and sounded real snappy..

ya got me on codes. i ran a viper box on my 2002 srx on grass and it disabled the dcs. so sure different maping. they work, i dynoed three of them at jims. only race boxes out there and this is info i got from jim. their were high rpm boxes for 98-99 srx. very rare. 98 600 srx box on a 700 (race only) the race box for a 2000 srx '' stock '', and after that 8ek viper boxes. no timing curve. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Last edited:

Back