2000 srx700 to 2002 srx 700 engine swap

Srx007

Hello, new to forum. Had a burn down end of last season and found an engine from a2002 srx 700. Can I swap engine and plug in 2000 electronics for the 2002 or do I need to swap wiring harness and "brain"??

If the harness and CDI (brain) are available its worth the work in my opinion to run the DCS (detonation control system) the 02 engine comes with.

Thanks for all the feed back guys. Appreciated. I'm prolly going to be selling, :-( Finally finished rebuild. Had a problem with bender, they lost my order. Ended up calling twice, left messages, emailed twice. They called ME back to apologize but ended up lieing to me that my order went out that day which still took 3 weeks to come in. BTW the engine I found had 3300km after reading, 145 lbs on all 3 cyl. Picked up ENTIRE ENGINE, compete drop in, even came with hoses, lines and ignition coils. 300$ Helped guy take engine out after running there as fast as I could

Oh and I would also recommend using Lucas injector cleaner/upper cylinder lubricant/fuel stabilizer. I use in all my small engines and vehicle. Keeps fuel system very clean, conditions seals, provies lil extra cushion for rings, and gives me peace of mind. I tried this in my small car a while back and ended up getting 53mpg highway (old Canadian mileage of which we dont use anymore)

Back