mountain skis on viper?

n2oiroc

anyone run the saddleless mountain skis (8FK-23711-00-BK) yamaha shows on the accessory catalog on a viper? i think they are stock on all 05 mountain sleds. my stock skis dont carve, float or turn good at all in powder, i also have a ripsaw and it pushes on the trails. these are cheap and i really want to run an o.e. ski for cheaper carbides and avaliability if i biff one on a trip. thanks.

yes I'm running them.And yes they float,carve, and tur ngreat in the powder,Makes the viper a little tippy on the the trails though.And a hell of a lot cheaper than the aftermarkets.

I have them on mine also. I just put'em on, so I havn't got to try them out yet. They weigh 7-8 pounds (bathroom scale) W/handle and carbide. One nice feature they have is the adjustable ski stance. Also saves money being able to use your old stock ski loops.
It will interesting to see how they stack up against the Simmons, I had on there before.

yamvip said:
yes I'm running them.And yes they float,carve, and tur ngreat in the powder,Makes the viper a little tippy on the the trails though.And a hell of a lot cheaper than the aftermarkets.
what do you mean by tippy? do they bite harder, resulting in more ski lift in corners? thanks

If you find out who has the mountain ski's in stock, let me know....They have been backordered and no dealer in my area has any

As for tippy,yes they bite a lot on the trails,the keel is about 2 1/2 inches,and with the 7 inch stance they pack the snow in the turns.As of right now I'm fine tuning my ski pressure.Also running 6 inch carbides,and a ripsaw.

Back