need help with 1994 enticer

profur03

Hi ,I just picked up a 94 enticer ,seems there is a problem with the drive ,everything in chaincase turns but the drive axle does not ,does anyone know how to remove the "journey"? from what I can see it should just slide of ,but it will not ,I think that it and the drive axle are splined and one or both are stiped .help please !

either a chain is snapped or the spline is gone on one of the lower gears. are you anywhere around me as I have a chaincase as a spare off of a 1992 venture that is the same as a spare that we could rob parts from if needed.

dumb thought time, did you check if the drive axle is able to turn? chain might be piled up in the bottom if you cannot get it to turn. be careful as the case halves where $1000.00 the last time I priced them! so please only try by hand with no tools.

Thanks maim ,I am not that far from you I am in New Liskeard ,yes the drive axle will turn ,when I got it I was told it needed a new chain so I removed the chaincase cover and and sure enough it did so I bought a new chain and replaced the three bearings in the cover ,when I put it back together no go ,just a racheting sound ,removed the cover again and turned the secondary clutch by hand ,so I removed the bottom gear and and was able to turn the "journal"by hand ,I can turn the track and the drive axle turns ,so I am guessing the splinble on either the "journal" or drive axle or both are done.But I have not been able to remove the "journal " yet ,is it fastened there somehow ?I checked with the dealer and the "journal" is still available but the drive shaft is on back order and they dont know when they could get one in ,would you know if it is interchangable with another machine ?
Thanks

the old 488 pogo ventures had the same style chain case and it comes apart the same way.

I do not have the manual handy but it sounds like the linkage might be out of adjustment for reverse. mine had ground but only when cold and trying to back up before it has warmed up.

Hi Maim,turns out it is the drive axle ,spline is done ,my yamaha dealer does not think they can get a new one ,do you know if there is one from another machine that would fit ?

Venture XL from same year is same shaft part # as the et 410. So pretty much any of the pogo ventures with reverse should have the same shaft.

Another option is to get the splines built back up with weld and machined back to stock spec. Old big bear atv's rear axles get this treatment when they strip the spline on them.

It is not showing as obsolete on the parts fiche when I look it up but drivers are not included from the way it is shown.

Cannot bring up parts fiche for yamaha-motor.ca as I pad does not support the plug-in required but it was still showing on the us site.

Thanks again Maim ,will start looking for old ventures as well,the dealer did not say they were obsolete just on back order ,could be 2 weeks or 2 years they had no idea when I could expect it.

Back