gauges out

stillen

guys i need some help.....

Today I was bombing around, in two and a half feet of powder , the really light fluffy stuff. Yes we just got dumped on in MASS. Anywho after about an hour or so, I look down and bits and pieces of my gauges arent working....

the tach is dead, and the light that illuminates the tach is dead. the speedo stopped working , but the light still works, the highbeam light indicator works, . I have both highbeam and low beam and I have brake and taillights. The back up beeper stopped working breifly, but then it was fine after a while.

Is it possible that all that fluffy snow got inside somewhere and then melted from the exhaust temp and is casusing a short somewhere?? The way the back up alarm stopped working and now is working makes me believe it is just water in a connector somewhere..... :o| |

i would say it is your wiring shorting out underneath the engine, especially if it is an srx or viper. Check the wiring that runs under the engine up to the hood, it commonly rubs through on the mag side rear motor mount

yes, its a SXR

sorry, its a 2000 SXR 600........ Also the fuel gauge is out...... I guess I need to find a heated garage to let it thaw......

Back