need info to disable seat safety switch on my new JohnDeere D160 tractor.

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
Looked up info on this.Seems real simple as most videos or info says to jump the 2 wires on the unplugged harness from the seat..BUT my harness has 4 terminals.Now I jumped the 2 outside ones and started tractor.Now I can get off my seat without engine cutting out BUT the mower will not engage.I tried jumping the center pins as well..no go. I jumped center pin to outer pins..NO GO AGAIN.How do I do it so mower will engage.With these new safety switches I have to keep constant pressure on the seat cushion.Now I mow on inclines like my ditch and hills and when I shift my body weight to the high side of ditch to keep tractor from possibly tipping while cutting,I take pressure off the seat and everything wants to stall..very ANNOYING INDEED .Need to know how to solve this.I disengaged the RIO switch for backing up while cutting..it was a 2 pin ,so just jumped it and now don't have to push the damn button to back up.

Last edited:

see if you can follow the wire to the switch for the blades. It might be directly connected to that? See if you might be able to disco one of the wires on the switch?

Back