2004-2005 Viper or Venom seat

journeyman

I'm looking at putting on the pleated seat from a 2004 Viper ER or a 2004/2005 Venom (blue) . First of all I do believe it should fit a 2002 Viper. Secondly I find this strange. If you look up the part under a 2004 Viper ER in blue ,Yamaha calls the seat and hood(shroud) a deep purplish blue metallic. But in my 2004 Yamaha snowmobile brochure they call the blue TEAM Yamaha blue. The 2004/2005 Venoms are clearly the same body style and they are listed as TEAM Yamaha blue. The part # for this seat is 8FE-24710-00-00. It is the same part# for all three of these sleds but they are calling it two different colors. I assume it is a misprint. My dealer clearly stated I must find out the answer that it will fit and it is the right color because he can't send it back if I order it. Any thoughts???

thanks, J-man

My dealer put a rip in my 02 Viper seat when it was in for service, I had them replace it with a 04 Viper cover A Perfect Fit-- and... WHAT A DIFFERENCE! That extra 1/2 of foam in the 04 seat cover makes for a much plusher ride.

thanks Allen!! I did call Myron last night too. He assured me it was alright. With my luck, I didn't want to get stuck with the wrong seat. I am going to shoot you an e-mail tonight. I have a question about some YXR springs.

Back