Kawasaki interceptor information.

howsahemi

Sorry for the non yamaha post. But in a way it's yamaha related. I just picked up three new yammis. 77 exciter. About the same year enticed and an 85 vmax. Anyway. This guy is trying to get me to buy everything and he says he's got an interceptor in the barn. I didn't even know what an interceptor was. So I looked it up. Briefly. And found it was a kawi and I wasn't too interested I get there and he started tellin me all the stuff for sale and mentioned the kawi again so I wanted to see it. Buried in the garage here sits this sled. Looks to be in really nice shape. From what I can see and I look under the hood that's propped open and I see four spark plugs with two cylinders. And think, uh oh, game changer. Hard to tell but it may be painted. I could not see any markings on the sled anywhere. It's like a root beer color, the hood anyway. Also, which I find Hard to believe and very interesting at the same time, that supposedly, it's the first one made. He was babbling about how the engine had 01 on it or something. Problem is, I know jack shi$ about kawis, let alone this monster of a find. How do I identify this thing? Anyone know. I took pics of the engine best I could and I'll upload them in a minute. I'm more than likely going to purchase this sled. Anyone know anybody interested in it please get a hold of me. I'll have the guy un bury it and I'll try to pick it up this weekend. If all checks out that is. Sorry again for posting this here. It's the forumn I'm most familiar with and I know most of you guys are pretty darn sharp. Thanks for any help. Chris

He said it came stock with the aaen pipes. It was a factory race sled. From what I've gathered. I'll read up some more tomorrow. I just wanted to post because I'm sure someone knows what I should look for.

no, it did not come with aaen pipes. did have stock twins though. these are a very cool sled. in a way was kawi,s srx. they were very strong in their day and i believe only around 600 were made in 1982. worth grabbing. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Try Kawasakitrax.com and you'll find out what it is.It may be an LTD.

Last edited:

Back