Looking for info on Bluetooth intercoms

Hager85

Hey guys, I'm in the market for a pair of intercoms for sled to sled communication this season. I've been doing some research on some of the major brands and am leaning towards the UClear HBC100 plus or the Sena SMH10,. It seems i can get into either of these for under $300 for a pair new on ebay, but am open to suggestions on other models. If anyone has experience with either of these please let me know any pros or cons to them: range, sound quality, easy of use, and so on... I usually do most of my riding with one other sled so pairing more than 2 units won't be necessary. Also last year a bought a HJC CL-16 helmet which is not made with speaker pockets... Will most thin body speakers fit in the normal ear wells of my helmet? Didn't plan ahead for audio and would hate to have to buy a new helmet after only one season with my HJC. :o|

Just want to get all the info I can before pulling the trigger on my investment. Thanks for any info!! :letitsnow:rocks:

well i use the scala rider gs9 snowmobile ones. links through bluetooth to my phone and will play my playlist from my phone or radio as i want/need. it fit into my gmax GM11D, hjc CL-MAX2 snomobile and hjc CL-MAX2 bike helmets. actually went into the sled helmets better than the bike helmet. the comunicator unit transfers from base to base on each helmet and new base units can be purchased separately. vox on mine can be turned on and off with different sensitivity levels. i usually have it turned off but it does work well. brother runs the same set-up on his hjc cs air with no problems either.

I use the sena there good I have one with my 13 yr old daughter and it gets good distance. the only bad thing I noticed is real cold days battery dies quickly. get about 6 hours . warmer days get like 8 hours.

Thanks for the input guys, Blevis how are the controls while wearing gloves? Also I see they are advertised as "weather" resistant and not water proof.. Anything to worry about or do they hold up pretty well against snow and what not. Thanks again

I used them last year with no issues except battery life on real cold days. Button is easy once on its simple hit and hold to connect to the other one or if using by itself hit button once sync your blue tooth and good to go

Thanks, that was one worry of mine seeing as most of these units are intended for cycle use with much thinner gloves. Anyone else with input on these or any other units?

Back