Bogging out V-Max

1994VMAX

Hey guys, went out on a ride this past weekend, sled ran great other then it seemed to have bog from like 40 to 60 km/h. If your cruising at like 30 km/h with little throttle pull, then punch it leaps like it should. Then if you are going about 80 km/h or more and punnch it goes too. But when you are crusing at the 40 to 60 km/h range and punch it, the engine acts like there is no power, and you have to slow down and let the engine idle below 4000 rpm or lower for about 5 seconds then you can punch it again and you got power to the moon till it happens again.

Sled ran great other then this. It was about 0 degrees Celcius out that day. Any ideas?

when the last time you cleaned the carbs....other then that the 04 had problems with clutch center bushings and rollers ...check those parts

sounds like a rich condition on the needle,it loads on mid throttle and clears if you drop into the leaner pilot range.i'd lower my needles one notch and change/check the plugs.k.i.s.s.

I don't think its the clutch. Both clutches were totally redone not more then 800 kms ago, and they performed flawlessly up until I redid the engine. I am going to take the carbs out and apart and clean them up, if that does not solve it, then I am going to look into internals of the carb.

My wifes sled is a 94 vmax600. Had the same problems with bogging. After 5000 rpm, it would pull decent. It was the secondary. The 3 plastic slides in it were shot, And the secondary would be binding untill you wound it out.
Just my 2cents,
mul

When you guys speak of this "bog", do you mean it bogs with a steady consistent bog, or do you mean it jerks and stutters. Mine jerks and stutters like its a fuel problem which causes it to bog. I have trouble seeing the clutches cause a jerk and stutter like that. I will look into both the carb and clutches though this weekend. Any comments?

My 97 600 has this same problem that you are describing. SpartaSRX came over tonight and we dropped the needles down one notch on both carbs. We were going to lean it down from the stock 151.3 jets, but when we looked at them, they were already down to 148.8... so we left them alone. Didn't get a chance to ride it yet... living in the city makes that and I'm sure that if I ran it thru the public park across the street, the cops would simply follow the tracks back to my house, issue me a citation, and be on their way! So I don't do that! Tempted, but no... no... no....

Back