What brand of bearings do you guys use?

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
I most generally use NTN brand bearings and can buy then in bulk from Royal Distributing but bought some off eBay a couple years ago because of the price.I won't bother mentioning the name of the bearing company but a year after I put some of these bearings in one of my skids I took a few out for preseason maintenance,popped a seal off,washed out the old grease and then noticed light around the inner race and the other seal.I couldn't believe that after only one season of use the seal wore away like that,and the funny part was that the bearing wasn't even seized or even rough.
So I was wondering what guys here have been using for good quality bearings.

royal for me as well for ntn. the few 6205's i usually need i get at work as they are used in medium duty trucks as clutch pilot bearings. the bearings for slydog real cool's on the other hand....... $10.00 each and i can only get them at one place by ordering them. 2 per wheel too.

For boggie wheels ntn are good..... For anything in the drive line oem yamaha. I learned the hard way when my buddy talked me into putting a ntn drive axle bearing in along with his sled, my 2 and another. Long story short, the set screws aren't up to oem standards and ruined drive axles on both my sleds and a friends. Saved 10$, then had to buy a 120$ axle for both sleds. 3/4 sleds spun the axle in the bearing even with the set screws torqued to the proper spec and red locktited in place. Ends up the tips of the screws are different. Oem have a solid sharp point, ntn had a ball pressed into the tip and the ball was loose and allowed the axle to roll on it! [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Back