Buying a modded sled in the US and bringing it to Canada

sasksrx

VIP Member
I'm in Canada and am looking at buying a sled from the states that has an ekholm tunnel on it. it has the vin number etched into the new tunnel and I was wondering if there would be a problem at Canada customs with bringing it here since it has been modified and doesn't have the factory sscc label and vin number on it. Has anyone had any experience with a case like this? Would hate to buy it and find out I can't bring it across the border because of this.

When I bought my 01 SRX the previous owner had stripped and polished the tunnel so any and all stickers were gone.The VIN was still there though and to be honest I never had any issue with Canada customs when I brought it back,but where yours has an aftermarket tunnel I would hesitate to say one way or the other.The best way to clarify that would be to get in touch with someone at the border,who I have no idea,and try to find out before you make the deal.When I showed up at the border with my sled and trailer,bought both on the same trip,they never even come outside to look at any of it,all they did was ask how I found the sled,classified ads or Craigslist etc,the month and year of manufacture,the price and who I bought it from.All that was on the bill of sale but they ask all kinds of questions trying to trip you up.

Back