battery heated jackets

turkster

We're up in the deep cold. Was wondering if anyone wore battery heated jackets and what were the good and bad points. We trail then find some deeper stuff than get a little more aggressive. Some ditch bangin as well. Guess we do a little of everything. In all kinds of real cold weather

I use my 2 Milwaukee Tool heated jackets all the time and love them! I use one for hunting and keeps me plenty warm on low. Used my day to day on once for riding under my riding coat on a negative degree day and was sweating my tail off.

I had thought about heated clothing some years ago, there were heated jackets and pants marketed for motorcycle use. But with my older sleds, there is not enough watts output for them. Newer sleds probably have enough though. Something to check before you make a purchase.
Those were 12 volt external source supplied. I suppose the Milwaukee jackets are used with a battery.

Something to think about when using them is if they fail. When using heated clothing, you may not have as much other clothes on as you would without it. If there is failure that caused them to lose the heating a long way from home on a cold day, it would be a bad thing. I always keep some warm packs on the sled for times they may be needed and keeping several along when using the heated clothes would be good for backup.

Back