New Member and my first sled in 30 years..

Yes, Im no spring chicken, and no I didnt buy the latest and greatest. But I have purchased a sled Im sure will make me very happy. I bought this sled partially because of its two up feature, even though it is still on the small side of the two up line up. I bought my first sled in the fall of 1970 when I was 10... and I bought a new machine.. Yes, I said new... it was a 1971 Ski Doo Elan... the first year they were built... I was a farm boy and raised some livestock to purchase the sled.. I owned more over the years, like two Silver Bullets (yes, Lead Sled's) a Ski Doo 250 RVI a 74 Elan, 76 Everest and one cranky single cyl. 340 Moto-Ski.... I rode a sled a year ago, an 800 Skidoo.. impressed with the acceleration but it handled terrible. I'm guessing though that some of the poor handling may have been operator error..! lol So here I am.. in need of tips and guidance.. this sled needs very little as far as I can tell... one ski for sure.. maybe two...(maybe plastic) ... and good carbides... and studs.. the front vent is missing.. and some minor fasteners for the hood .. Could use a tool box under the hood..
So please feel free to tell me what you think I need to know.. I will post more later.. some pics already posted..
Thanks and glad to be here..!!!!
Tim...

Welcome to the forum. Pretty impressive buying a brand new sled at 10. I grew up riding a Ski Roule and my dad had two Arctic Cats, a 72 Panther 399 and a 72 Linx 340. Many many since.

That Phazer should be a good sled for you. So where's the pics? Can't make a post about a new sled without pics!

Welcome!

You might want to check the head bolts as they are prone to coming loose on the phazers.

Anything you need to know just as.

Back