Opinion Mr. Viper 700 Pistion Diagnosis

Whoops you said its Sdi. Might need to be flashed then in the case.

im maybe wrong but i think those sled run with 2 fuel pump and they do have trouble with those

About these pressed on check valves for the oil, when I spin the oil pump, some oils drips out. Should I be able to blow air thrown them with a compressor?

I meant after they are out of the case you can check them with air.

Low pressure fuel pump fills the high pressure pump that is located in the tank. It fills the baffle that surrounds it. I have a new LP pump that has been relocated from under the motor to where the battery is.

Still all apart. Need some more money for a new crank and maybe cylinders replating. Want to figure out what happened before I move ahead.

Todd at total rec in Orillia has a exchange program for doo moters that he rebuilds on site ,he might help you out.

I was going to say get rid of that sled before the crank goes.....too late. BRP motors above 600cc have a real bad reputation for it. There are companies in Ontario who sell complete rebuilt motors on exchange. I believe one place is in Barrie, and the other in Mississauga. When I have a customer call, asking how much to rebuild one, I tell them I wont rebuild one. I've done one, and that was enough for me. I laughed when I saw the main crank bearings were plastic.

I have 5,500 miles on original crank and it is still good. It is plastic cages, not races or balls. The issue with them is the lower rod bearing goes of there is significant detonation as the motor is setup to be right on the edge due to emissions, etc. If you add some oil to the gas and richen the oil pump, you can get 10,000 miles plus on original motor as many have. Still one of the fastest, most powerful 2 stroke production sleds every built.

good for you, as I have seen many 800+ BRP motors with fubared cranks, and with a lot less miles than yours. Visit a Ski Doo shop one day, and have a look at all the 800cc and up sleds in there with fatal engine diseases. Not very fast or powerful when they're sitting in the shop, now are they?

If you take care of it, it will take care of you. 170 HP feels good on your arm sockets when you hit the flapper. I am carefully putting it together slowly and will get another 6 - 8,000 miles when I am done. Good enough for me especially when I can lift the skis at 80 miles an hour.

Yes. Lots of carbon which didn't help with the squish causing more detonation with the increased compression ratio.

Back