Getting very frustrated

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
I'm in the middle of the engine rebuild of my 01 SRX,new pistons and rings and repaired cylinder,only I'm still waiting for my repaired cylinder to get back to me.There a small engine shop in the town I live in and the guy that owns it is trying to build up his business so I figured I'd deal with him with sending my cylinder out to be repaired.I needed this particular one repaired rather than just swapped because it's ported otherwise I'm sure I could be listening to my engine running right now,but instead I have a missing jug somewhere.I stop into the shop about every two days to check and I keep hearing how "it's on the courier truck and will be tomorrow".Well tomorrow has come and gone a few times and still no cylinder.This is really pissing me off,I'm trying to be civil towards the guy with the shop but it's getting harder and harder to not scream at him.I'm guessing that he used CV Tech in Quebec to do the repair but unless someone is walking the cylinder back here to NB it's either lost or not fixed yet and still sitting on a shelf somewhere.If it doesn't show up tomorrow I'm going to demand he call the place while I'm there and find out what the heck is going on,this is just stupid.

I finally have some resolution to this,apparently the place the cylinder was sent to still had it sitting on their shelf even though they'd had it for almost 2 months.The shop owner who sent it out for me had finally gotten a straight answer from them on Monday and it is now fixed and sitting at a depot waiting to be picked up,which will be tomorrow morning.So I'm hoping that by Sunday afternoon this engine will be running again.

It's been a very disappointing past month or so,I figured on having the sled all ready to go long before now,and the only thing that's not even real clear to me is who was lying to whom?Was the repair place lying to the shop owner or was the shop owner lying to me?Either way all I know is by this time tomorrow the cylinder will be bolted back on the engine and I'll be one step closer to hearing that sweet triple music.

Nice! At least it's all worked out. It sucks being at the mercy of someone else for sure. Never mind a business who has something of yours that your paying for. There is always a fine line between losing your cool on someone and biting your tongue. In the end, knowing you got what you paid for, it just took a little longer.

I gotta say I come REAL close to losing it last week when I was told that the cylinder was going to be on the delivery truck Thursday but never showed,and this was after I had been told for the past 3 weeks that the cylinder was in transit and on the delivery truck.On Friday I went to the shop twice to see what the heck was going on but the owner wasn't there and I got pretty frustrated with the whole thing and was quite short with the guy working there.I demanded a phone call from the owner by the end of the day WITH a tracking number;the call I got but no number and that didn't help my state of mind at all.But now I can say there's a light at the end of the tunnel and things are looking up.

Good luck, I just had my 600 top end done as the piston and cylinder were both severely damage and need new ones. I got it back the other day and just need snow to break it in.

Back