Mountain max exhaust leak?

Kodman

I have a 2001 Yamaha mountain max 700 and the o my thing I have done to the exhaust is change out the can for a snow stuff rumble pack canister, I changed both donuts and the header gasket and my exhaust still leaks what can I do to fix it?

I have a 2001 Yamaha mountain max 700 and the o my thing I have done to the exhaust is change out the can for a snow stuff rumble pack canister, I changed both donuts and the header gasket and my exhaust still leaks what can I do to fix it?

Springs might be worn out, you could try some new springs and or use some hi-temp sealant to seal it up. Permatex ultra black or ultra copper works pretty good.

Did you get it figured out? I just redid both of my sleds the other day. I pulled everything apart and rtv every donut then let it sit overnight so it's set up good before I put any heat on it. The key is having good tight springs/double springs to keep it all together so the pipes can't shift and tear it. It's not a forever fix, depending on how much you ride it will burn off and you get to take it apart and do it all over again.

Back