i need some help for my 1974 yamaha TL433F

hillbros907

i need some tips or suggestion on how to tune or adjust the carb on these sleds are such pain in thethen butt i can get it sumtimes to start , it start running then bogs out i dont knowif im adjusting the right screw or wat , i was wondering wat is the bolt on the bottom is for thank you i hope i get it running i pulled out the dump been doing alot of work on it to get it this far almost done

First, did you rebuild carb?
Smaller adj screw is idle mixture(on side)1 1/4 turns out. Larger screw is high speed needle, 1 turn out. Bolt on bottom is fuel level adjustment and initial setting is 2 threads showing on inside of bottom cover. I'd buy a rebuild kit and go throught the whole thing like soak it in a carb solvent like Chem-dip over night and blow out all passages with air comp. Of course while its all apart. There are like a million passages and diaphrams in these things, thats why I said a good soak 24hours. Google Keihin CD42-38 for a few good exploded views. Very picky carbs.

First, did you rebuild carb?
Smaller adj screw is idle mixture(on side)1 1/4 turns out. Larger screw is high speed needle, 1 turn out. Bolt on bottom is fuel level adjustment and initial setting is 2 threads showing on inside of bottom cover. I'd buy a rebuild kit and go throught the whole thing like soak it in a carb solvent like Chem-dip over night and blow out all passages with air comp. Of course while its all apart. There are like a million passages and diaphrams in these things, thats why I said a good soak 24hours. Google Keihin CD42-38 for a few good exploded views. Very picky carbs.

I didn't buy a rebuild kit I just took apart carefully cleaned out wat ever I could get then put it back on hooked up the gas line and the hose of the motor to the carb

Back