Srx 700 144

eric.s.t

Well guys, ive been lingering around for abit now ...Its time for me to have a build thread. This is the second SRX I own. The 2001 had a viper suspension, and I was happy but always wanted to stretch it. I since sold that one and bought an 02 after missing my previous one. Drove it for a year and got all the bugs out of the motor. This year was the fun year.

I located a 144 setup in town here for a decent price, but the tunnel was completely mest up. And the stretch wasn't, in my opinion, completely done right. So I switch everything over to mine. Hence when the parts look kind of crappy, and even kind of hilbilyish ... lol

I wanted to make sure this was the right choice before I start spending money in making it look nice.

this is what I started with ...

Previously my sled had been rearended... so my plan was to fix the damage the best I can and cover it up with a tunnel roll cover... But then I found the artic cat mod, and was all over that! so I went ahead and did that first.

Then I did the tunnel extension...

Then was time to tackle the suspension, went ahead and moved the skid back a couple of inch and moved all the brackets back with the new mounting locations.

THe suspension is a viper suspension with home made extension (came from the donor sled) which is hard to actually see... For the front, he flipped his SRX brackets, so I did the same but he also put in blocks to lift it another couple inches, which I find looks goofy. Im hoping to correct that with longer radius arms, and either viper shocks or fox floats....

Now that I know I love this setup, im going to move forward slowly and upgrade the mod. Id like to put in a mono suspension in, then like stated above, replace the front suspension. I would also like to put in some C&A Skis to complete it all. Also, would like to powder coat the tunnel white with the cat rails in blue... White trailing arms, and possibly blue radius arms as well.

I like the ideer of monitoring the motor, so id like to find out what kind of gauge this is ...Fits the SRX just perfect in my opinion.

A few issues I need to resolve also, the Gas gauge sticks at half a tank... the grips aren't working either! So im going to looks for a pull wire break under the motor. Also going to check each grip to make sure they are working right. Going to check the tank for a sticky float.

My biggest irritating issue is the speedo, I finaly got the old pin out, and replace it... also replaced the bearing last year ... and it broke after about 40KM of riding!!!

Nice job! My speedo pin did the exact same thing last season after extending the track. I Need to replace it again... What kind of drop brackets are you using?

lol^^ I have three of them, and they are all in great shape like that... only thing is one of them have a pin hole... I think a stud hit it....

As for the drop brackets, im not really sure who makes it ...I tried searching for who made it but cant find it who...

Back