2000 srx 700

i am completely new to snowmobiling and i bought a 2000 srx 700 and i am having issues . when i bought it hardly ran. i cleaned carbs and now it runs , starts on first pull. idles at 3000 to 3400 , needle on rpm waggles back and forth between those two numbers. when i give it gas it wants to bog down. the carbs were cleaned by a yamaha buff and everything was set to factory settings. sled has 1300 miles on it (i think it set outside for quit a few years. not bad shape. prev owner was 70 years old and i think neglected it). i messed with idler screw but does not seem to matter were it is it runs the same. i hate when i cant fiqure out something and when i found this site i was excited to post my question. my compression is 132 on all 3 which made me feel good but now i dont know what to do. what is proper idle on this sled and should the needle be bouncing around like that?

definitley something with the tors, like Ryan posted thrittle cable too tight or someone has backed out the idle screw too much and has undone the tors switch on the carb rack, they are left handed thread.

While you are at it. ... new plugs Br9ecs, and new plug boots

Back