phazer 480 cold air kit

85phaznut

i came across a phazer for sale and it was advertised with a cold air kit (very rare). after a bit of research i wanted one! and i found that they were indeed rare. does anybody have one of these for sale or know of one forsale online. has anybody ever made a custom one? if so how did you go about it.
Any info on this product would be greatly appreciated
thankyou

Make a piece of some kind of foam the shape you want. Wrap with plastic and fiberglass away. Styrofoam ,expansion foam, a couple pieces of sheet urethane. Use your imagination to create a mold.

I haven't had a Phazer in some time. But I believe that this piece we're attempting to construct just takes the hot air that has just passed over all of the cooling fins, and ducts it to a vent in the hood. That vent is angled backward to create a slight suction under the hood, pulling heat out.

There is a factory plate in there that blocks off that louvered panel. You remove that, knock the little reverse cone thingy off the air box and attach a piece of pvc with a plastic scoopy thing on it to the underside of that louvered piece. Then that shroud piece that you see in the picture goes on top. I had to put a piece of foam in mine for a filter or else it would eat enough snow through the tube/air box to freeze the carbs. That was a long day. I didn't have much luck with the deal in the clutch cover. Seemed like if I had it on it would burn a hole in the PTO piston but I never tried it after I switched to flat slides.

i wonder why no one has just constructed a piece on the backside of the airbox to draw in outside air utilizing the factory opening in the box. seems that might even be better. mine is currently taped off and has the psi mod done to draw in cooler air.

so when you had the vent on the clutch cover you burnt a hole in a piston. thats too wierd, doesnt really make sense to me why that would happen?

I think it was my own error. I wasn't getting enough fuel to it with the stock carbs. After I ported it I tossed the air box and vent to flat slides and pod filters. Worked great after that.

Back