Totally frustrated

Jason04vipersx

I have a 04 viper sx. I have tried to figure this out for myself, by getting powervalves cleaned, clutch set up, plugs! Everytime I go out for a rip it will fire up, and idle fine( little high maybe) then when I go it seems to need a little feathering of the throttle to clear it out then it's fine until I'm at top speed almost full throttle , then it gets a little boggy on the top end and yellow triangle warnning light starts flashing. It goes away if I feather back a bit, but will come back again when I get back up there!This happens on trails, and lakes, and seems to give me more issues when in deeper snow when the motor is working harder, but not going as fast! Any idea would be appreciated !:?

Sounds like its jetted to rich. How long have you had the sled. Has it always done it. Possible when you you bought it it had pipes and the seller took them off and never rejetted? Little info will help.

Would the DCS affect the start? I always thought that would be the TORS, or like stated above the jetting. Need more info for more help. Check throttle cable for appropriate play or slack.

Could be tors at start. But I owned a 04 viper that the dcs was an absolute pita. There is definitely a light that comes on when the dcs activates. I don't recall if it was a triangle or not

Have to ask. Have the carbs been cleaned? And staggs is right its the DCS going off. Not ever been a problem with my 04 except when not running premium fuel. The DCS loves premium.

Make sure to note the associated icon that should display on the speedo whenever the warning light flashes. Also count the flashes and whether they are short or long. (Do this safely) You can then look up what you find in the owner's manual or service manual. If this is confusing just post what you find on here.

It's the same light as the low fuel indicator that flashes, carbs are hooked up to box! It will only flash as it's running a bit off, when I feather back it stops, then I can go back into the throttle at top end for a bit then it comes back!what is the max rpm these machines should run at?

Stator maybe guys. I wonder if its braking down at full throttle? Do you loose your tail light at all? or any lights?

Trouble code flashes the triangular trouble light, but there are four emblems as well. When low fuel, the triangular light flashes and the fuel emblem comes on. There is a temperature emblem, engine emblem, fuel, and can't remember the fourth. So Ding is asking for you to see which emblem is lighting up when the warning light flashes, and then note the flash sequence. Hope I made sense, lol. With this info someone can look up the trouble code that is being communicated and tell you which area to start in.

So, found that all my cables( throttle, oil, and choke) were all loose, set idle up to 1650, then adjusted cables! Idles fine, but seems to load up on takeoff, then cleans out and sounds crisp! Seems to be pretty rich at the beginning! Any thoughts?

Back