apex seat

yami1

so took some doing but got the apex seat to fit on my old sx. We'll see how it works. Looks pretty cool .aleast
1420666494_zps99ed3534.jpg

Looks great! nice job! Looks like you'll need some bar risers, that seat has some serious height. How did you fasten it and what did you use for the rear supports?

yeah was thinking same on the bars. see how it works out. Already has 2 in riser. Don't think I could get anymore out of cables. Were the mountain max ones longer?? Or anyone know what would work for longer cables??

As far as mounting the seat. Had to trim the pan to mate up to tank. Also had to notch out some foam on under side of seat to get it to slide up as far as I wanted to. I work for a aluminum extrusion company and used 3 in blocks fastened to seat pan and enclosed it with some aluminum apron we make. Braced back with aluminum flat stock that I bent and bolted to fit. Sprayed underside with bed liner coating. It took more to think it all out than it did to do . But should work for a 17 yr old sled. Wasn't gonna mess with but have a lady friend who wants to ride so looks like she will be on the new viper.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back