Srx 700 swap into a Mountain max 700?

Serious

Hi, I remember posting this question years ago, but can't find the thread or remember the posts!

I would like to know if the blue top srx 700 tripple will swap in place (engine mount or frame mount) in place of the redhead 700 tripple?

I am looking at purchasing a complete running parts sled to do this. I do know a lot if not just about everything attached to the engine needs to be swapped over, but will the engine mounts work bolt in style? Does it fit? Hood and belly pan on the mountain max clear the srx engine and pipes? Anything else to be concerned about?

My sled is a 2002 mountain max 700

Donor sled is a 1998 srx blue top 700 with powervalves

Thanks

the most simple answer is no it wont interchange differnt bulkhead, motor mounts, srx pipes wont fit bellypan and hood of mtn max. You would be further along to change over the mtn max tunnel and stuff to the srx chassis.

all of your coolers should be changed as well, larger cooling system hoses as well as front heat exchanger outlet different.
swap tunnel ,track and suspension onto the srx, and add a rear cooler of some sort. front end can be widened or just lifted. depends what you will use it for

decent idea but they never made one long enough, or with the dual bulb, separated hand thumb. Better to start with an 01 and make it

Sniff, whine cry....wasn't the answer I was hoping for! I came across a relatively cheap srx that would be perfect for the donor stuff.

Has anybody done the swap without swapping out the bulk heads? Could I simply make my own engine mounts, swap over the srx hood onto the mountain max and do the same with the belly pan? Or does that not work with the mountain max bulk head?
I'm not afraid of a complete tear down and rebuild to make what I want, but I don't want to hack it up and have things slopped back together.

Listening to reason, what would be the best year srx to build into a mountain srx? I've seen the 1998's around here and there and yes, they are getting cheap!

Thanks for the replies.

If you wanted it to be a factory effort and had 2 donor sleds I would pull the Mtn Max skid and drop bracket, radius rods and tie rods. Put the mtn Max brackets into the SRX then you can have a true bolt in. You could swap over the mtn Max tunnel extension and cooler covers. There is already a crossover cooler on the tunnel. If you want to go longer pick up a hartman tunnel extension and TracksUSA rail extension. For 2" track you will need to swap drivers but a 2000 and up mtn Max has the stronger drive axle so you could just swap it over but if you have it pulled that far apart put on anti ratchet drivers.

It can be done, there will be a bunch of left over parts either way your doing it.

Last edited:
Having owned both a hopped up mtn max and a mountainized srx I preferred the mtn max in real snow. The tub is better on its side and they weigh slightly less. Piped and ported they are perfectly reliable. The srx makes a little more power stock but if you do some motor work the red head is similar. No power valves to mess with on the red head either. I loved my 780 srx motor but the mountain max was a better chassis for mountain type riding. Whatever you end up doing the best bang for your buck is tossing the stock rear skid in the dumpster and stick a real mountain suspension from one of the other manufacturers in there

Back