Gas stain on new pants!

Cooper0809

I'm guessing gas was coming out of an overflow somewhere and running down the clutch side of the tunnel and getting on my new orange pants on the inside right at my ankle. Looks like shit now! Trails were so bumpy yesterday. Anything out there that will help remove some or all of this stain?

I'm guessing gas was coming out of an overflow somewhere and running down the clutch side of the tunnel and getting on my new orange pants on the inside right at my ankle. Looks like shit now! Trails were so bumpy yesterday. Anything out there that will help remove some or all of this stain?

Not sure on what to do about your stained pants, but check the tank vent (front/upper/left of tank) to ensure the tapered fitting hasn't come loose.

This vent you speak of...I think I just found it! Is it right under the dash area beside the hand warmer dial? It's popped right out!! Can I just push it back it in or should I use red loctite or something else to make sure it stays in? No wonder my pants were soaked in fuel..that's all I could smell on the drive home in the truck, and of course I got the heat on in the truck at my feet...eyes were on fire!

This vent you speak of...I think I just found it! Is it right under the dash area beside the hand warmer dial? It's popped right out!! Can I just push it back it in or should I use red loctite or something else to make sure it stays in? No wonder my pants were soaked in fuel..that's all I could smell on the drive home in the truck, and of course I got the heat on in the truck at my feet...eyes were on fire!

I think Sideshow Bob was the first I saw to report on this and I believe he used red loctite. When mine popped out I made sure it was clean and just tapped it in. It's just a tapered fit so it shouldn't require any adheasive.

Yup, that's where it's located.

Back