Do SLP Pipes work well in an SX

MonctonR1

Website
www.gixxer.20m.com
Thinking of picking up a set of SLP's for my 1997 SX700... I know that most pipes work well but before taking the plunge, just want to make sure these will work nice.

Also, if I run with stock jetting, will it lean out or am I safe for a little while. I know that the clutching will have to be changed but that might have to wait as well..

Anyone out there with experience good or bad please speak up!

they are very good pipes, make a lot of power, close to as much as the Simons and benders. You will definately have to change jetting, they have the specs for jetting and clutching right on their page at startinglineproducts.com You will like the pipes a lot, and they are pretty quiet as well if you get a newer set.

stock jetting is too lean. Go to there site and you will see their specs. Jet for the coldest temperatures that you ride in, and leave it. As long as you don't care about being on the ultimate edge of performance, it will be great for everyday riding.

I have a set on my sxr 700 and i love them the only heat shields i have in mine are the heat reflective tape that came with pipes you will need to zip tie the coolant hose back away from the pipes. My .02 is great pipes get them you'll love them

Ive got a set on my sx, They work really well , If you dont mind the high rpm's Im at 9000 shift out.. running 147.5's across the board with 51/43 helix ...8ca weights w/ alum. rivets in both holes, airbox shelf removed...reed spacers and one layer removed on head gasket, geared down one tooth on top. Havent seen another 700 touch it yet! itS VERY RELIABLE AND GETS GOOD GAS MILAGE...13 OR SO MPG.At houghton lake last year was radared at 91 mph in 660 ft. ya ...id say they were good pipes!

Yep, just get some heat tape for areas that could be toasted with the heat off the pipes. I had to put that stuff on my V-Max on the foam under the hood. I don't know if you SX is the same, but that foam with a burnt smell does not smell good....prevent it...sheild it..

Just my .02

MonctonR1 said:
What is the stock jetting on the SX as far as the mains... 145's?
Its been awhile but I think the stocks are 142.5's and 145 on mag

yammy is right on the stock mains. DFunk has 147.5 mains, #50 pilots. Specs. called for raising needles I think half a notch but we left his alone and plug checked fine. He runs Heavy Hitters, really gets out of the hole and still trails great. SLP's seem very consistent. I'd raise the needles for low temps.

HUBCITYSX said:
yammy is right on the stock mains. DFunk has 147.5 mains, #50 pilots. Specs. called for raising needles I think half a notch but we left his alone and plug checked fine. He runs Heavy Hitters, really gets out of the hole and still trails great. SLP's seem very consistent. I'd raise the needles for low temps.
We where told to raise the a whole notch but we was going to raise them a half but didn't need to

Back