91 Phazer St mountain build

Will garrick

Picked this sled up a month ago for whopping 150$ Canadian. Pretty good deal considering it came with a like new track and boyssen reeds and the overall shape of the sled was good... just not the motor.

Here are a few pics of sled before I do any real mods to it. Bought a AAEN pipe locally for 40$

Things I would like to do:

-vmax 600 pogos
-vmax 600 flat side carbs
-Wide plastic skis
-Lower the skid so it sits out of the snow some more
-Bar risers
-put a different shorter/higher seat on? build one or make another sled seat fit?

Things ive done so far:

-moved handlebars forward
-Repaired plywood under seat
-bought aaen pipe

Any tips will be appreciated!

My sled the day I brought it home, with my friends 670 Summit mod hes building

Forget dropping the rear suspension and go with a newer suspension which will give you the same result plus a better ride.

Agreed. I put a 144" Ski Doo SCIII into my phazer and it works great, so much better ride and rips in the deep with ease. Takes a little work, you have to move the mounting points but wasn't that hard and well worth the effort.

For risers I found some 3" tall 30 degree angled risers that put the bars in the perfect position, just can't use the stock faring. I ended up putting a Venture hood on it. Also 7t extrovert drivers are a big plus, no ratcheting and more room for taller lugs.

IMG_20150101_164231_640.jpg

^ yeah I think I may skip the modification of my skid and save it for when I do a 144" doo skid like you suggested but I was thinking of using a 3" flat block riser so I can retain the stock fairing with just using long bolts.

I love this sled ive already had a random swing by my house to try and buy it already haha

lol well when you are ready to sell the rear skid, keep me in mind as I have been looking for one for 4 years for a project sled.

still need to jet it, tune the carbs and set the idle. But as of now it pulls over first or second pull everytime. Seems to have a slight knocking at idle (sounds like clutch) and goes away as engine speed increases. Really stoked to get this thing out in the powder as soon or if we ever get snow.

-Will

With a riser you need to gusset the steering stem. Even stock they break. I did my '92 after my buddies broke way back in the mountains.................SRXtreme

Ya that'll be a cool project! I didn't even know there was such a sled as a mtn phazer! You scored big time for that price!

Picked this sled up a month ago for whopping 150 $ Canadian.
Pretty good deal considering it came with a like new track and boyssen reeds and the overall shape of the sled was good... just not the motor.

Here are a few pics of sled before I do any real mods to it. Bought a AAEN pipe locally for 40$

Things I would like to do:

-vmax 600 pogos
-vmax 600 flat side carbs
-Wide plastic skis
-Lower the skid so it sits out of the snow some more
-Bar risers
-put a different shorter/higher seat on? build one or make another sled seat fit?

Things ive done so far:

-moved handlebars forward
-Repaired plywood under seat
-bought aaen pipe

Any tips will be appreciated!

What is the lug height on that track ?
I also looking for a pair of V-Max 500/600 carbs for my 485 Project and like to know what jetting I should use.

Was sad to see it go but it went to a good family friend for his daughter to ride as shes getting too big for the 120 they have now.

traded straight across for this beauty. 99 mountain max 700 triple. Cant wait to start modifying it!

1z4ev0i.jpg

Back