finally got to test my sled out!!

snowfoxsx

i finally got my sled out for a good ride and all i can say is i am impressed!! its a 97 700sx, quite an improvment over the basic mods i had done to it, like night and day actually! it pulls like a train all the way through and gets crazy top end. my buddie with his mxz800 doo took it for a rip and is scared to race now when last year he gave me a bad case of whoop azz. under ideal conditions, hard pack level trail with some light powder i backed off the gas as the needle was creeping up to 200kmh, i know the speedo's most likely out but i still am impressed and will try it with my gps on the weekend. last year i would get 170 kmh if i was lucky.
sled has: new lower end from 2002 600sxr, new top end (spi coated pistons), 2 layer head gasket, bender triples, stock gearing, 51/45 helix 60 degree wrap, 89L with 2.4 rivet, ygy spring, carbon tech ht reeds, spacers, reed notch, cut cylinder skirts with the ports opened up, polished exhaust ports, jetting 150 mains, 52.5 pilots, header pipes matched to the cylinders and gaskets, transfer rods, 1 inch 440rev track, and a few other mods here and there.

thanks for all the help to the guys on this site for helping me set up my sled and for the parts i needed, especially turk and btv!!:rockon:

Last edited:

Back