Removing transfer rods 00 MtnMax

Meizlern

Hi, im wondering about removing the transfer rods and machine a spacer for filling the room where the rod is fastened. Is there any negative side effects with this?
Would like my MM to be more playfull and more skilift btw.

Anyone having gearing/clutching tips for my mm? stock with psi pipes, my riding style is boondocking and playing in the woods.
Thankyou guys!!!

Had it done on my mountain viper liked it but negatives is Hill climbing and center shock went bad pretty quick after I did it don't know though if it was because of that, and you might get problems with track ratcheting.But gets more fun to ride especially boondocking you need a strap to prevent the skid to rebound too far don't know if mountain performance sells the transfer kit?

I was not impressed with the transfer strap kit. They say it improves ski lift. What it really does is increase trenching and track ratcheting. If I hadn't changed out my skid for an aftermarket one, I would have put the rods back on and put on adjustable rods. That 5lbs doesn't really matter when you spend the whole day buried. With the rods off the rear scissor will pivot back enough that the track rubs it. It's a coupled skid, and uncoupling it did nothing for it in my opinion.

Last edited:
Had it done on my mountain viper liked it but negatives is Hill climbing and center shock went bad pretty quick after I did it don't know though if it was because of that, and you might get problems with track ratcheting.But gets more fun to ride especially boondocking you need a strap to prevent the skid to rebound too far don't know if mountain performance sells the transfer kit?
Hmm.. i was hoping to not needing this transfer kit, anyone having a template for this kit? Where do you guys fasten the strap, pictures? Maybe i could work something out in the garage....

I was not impressed with the transfer strap kit. They say it improves ski lift. What it really does is increase trenching and track ratcheting. If I hadn't changed out my skid for an aftermarket one, I would have put the rods back on and put on adjustable rods. That 5lbs doesn't really matter when you spend the whole day buried. With the rods off the rear scissor will pivot back enough that the track rubs it. It's a coupled skid, and uncoupling it did nothing for it in my opinion.
I have a pair of slydog hellhound on my MM, also have a pair of adjustable rods laying in the garage, they're to a 01 srx so they didnt fit. Wondering about cutting them and weld together, make em fit. Trenching, ratcheting??? Google translate didnt help me much.. Thankyou

You need to put a strap so the rear scissor don't rub the track no problem making your own I did, stiffen the rear shock if to much transfer

Can someone put some pictures up of this kit so I can make something that will work up I do a lot of ditch banging and more ski lift would be pretty rad

Wicked thank you I'm going to try and make something myself I have a thick serpentine belt that I think will work the only problem I may have is just getting it dialed in could I adjust this so I can still ride powder with out trenching and digging myself huge holes ? Or is this not a possibility ?

Also Is there Someone that could help my with my clutching problem? I'm over reving at 9120 id like to bring it down to 8500 is

Back