Newer rear skid in an 05 RXwarrior LE 136

05warriorLE

Any recommendations on using a newer rear suspension? I was wondering if I could install a skid out of a newer Apex or Vector. My skid has the two rear shocks and square tube control arms. I see the newer skids have one rear shock and round tube control arms. I think I have the Pro-Action? I'd say its the "Con-Action" HaHa! It doesn't have much rear travel and seems to bottom out easily. Are the shocks rebuildable. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Last edited:

the rear shock on the war suspension is not rebuldable. all the rest of them are. shock out of a viper works and is rebuildable for a decent price.

Any recommendations on using a newer rear suspension? I was wondering if I could install a skid out of a newer Apex or Vector. My skid has the two rear shocks and square tube control arms. I see the newer skids have one rear shock and round tube control arms. I think I have the Pro-Action? I'd say its the "Con-Action" HaHa! It doesn't have much rear travel and seems to bottom out easily. Are the shocks rebuildable. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.
Of all the versions of the pro-action over the years the skid in the warrior seems to be the best for ride quality(According to SNOWTECH mag).While the rear shock is not rebuildable I had Frank at Shock-Tec install a remote reservoir onto the stock shock(This made future rebuilds permitted).The high/low speed compression was a nice benefit but the cost was about $500CDN(Pricey but still cheaper then the OEM shock or Ohlins).Stick with a viper shock for cost savings.Front arm of these skids give a sharp hit on square edge humps(Already been had the arm out twice for welding/bracing due to cracks which are common on this skid).FRA on bottom setting(Bolt in lowest position) helps a lot in big humps.

Last edited:

Back