mono setup question

tnc110

VIP Lifetime Member
I have a mono skid in my srx with long travel up front. I would like to lighten the ski pressure a bit. ..what do I need to do? I can't find anything in the tech pages about mono setup.

I have no experience with a mono. That being said you let the limiter straps out and/or loosen preload on front shocks.

the silver rod on the bottom of the skid is your transfer rod, you can play with that to get it to transfer weight more, also the front limiter straps.

to get more transfer make the rod longer, loosen up the jam nut and move the collar. Youll see it has little marks on it, go a mark at a time , a little makes a big differance. Do not go past the last mark or there wont be enuff threads left and you can strip it out, tighten down jam nut and wheelie away!

Last edited:
Thanks Don....that was the info I needed.

Ski shocks are set with almost no preload. I've got one more hole left to loosen straps (maybe. ...might be to tight to get bolts in) sled had stiff steering with the oem front shocks too.

the silver rod on the bottom of the skid is your transfer rod, you can play with that to get it to transfer weight more, also the front limiter straps.

to get more transfer make the rod longer, loosen up the jam nut and move the collar. Youll see it has little marks on it, go a mark at a time , a little makes a big differance. Do not go past the last mark or there wont be enuff threads left and you can strip it out, tighten down jam nut and wheelie away!

Back