Other fun stuff

Viktory2k1

VIP Member
Me and my Brother have some old motors that our late Father restored. We were supposed to get all of them but his widow sold everything including the stuff willed to us. He had like 14 of these motors and a bunch of restored farm tractors. My motor has a huge hacksaw attachment that it powers. My brothers is the red one. I believe its a 1903 IHC Famous spraying 2hp and mine is the 1918 IHC M model 3hp 600rpm. We fire them up on Fathers Day. Our Dad used to make the magnetos for these. Both of these have working magneto's which I here is rare. Fun stuff! They like to kick back while starting. My brother almost got the crank in his head.
http://youtu.be/Bq5YFgyQ3Fg
http://youtu.be/L2OpVn_Nusg

Last edited:

Nice motors!! I love that old technology!!! Too bad you did get all of the restored engines. Every year there is a vintage motorcycle event in our area where peole bring those type of engines with the antique implements. Those engines did a lot of work in their time. Good luck with them, keep them in good shape and pass them on to the next generation. Tough to power a sled with those engines though.

Jim

were you on youtube for hours again? Sweet sled build by the way! I got stuck on that(I think it was yours but read so many)My Dad had 18 of these motors in diffenent states of restoration and 8-10 antique farm tractors. He used to make the magnetos from scratch if they were bad(I heard this from my brother). I guess everyone at the shows wanted his magnetos for some reason. I only know how to not start them and don't forget to open the cyl oilers and how to grease mains and stuff. I learned all I know about these on smokstak.com. That Famous spraying red one was appraised at like $5000 and I can't remember mine but his wife sold it all at an estate auction before we had the chance to go get the stuff willed to us. Also a big model railroader. His whole basement was a setup. I never did see it in person.

Back