Aluminum brighteners test

Viktory2k1

VIP Member
I am doing a test on several different aluminum brighteners and so far I've tested: ( I have several on the way) This is for part brightening like skid rails, motor parts, not tunnels, I think i'm getting those down pat.
Alumi-Brite $29.99---> Works like water. 1 gal
HydroFoam $10.49+$11.90 S&H---> This one works great! I put a teaspoon on a really bad spot and it foamed and I wiped it 1 minute later and nice bright aluminum. It did leave a white film and this one does contain hydrofluoric acid and I don't know the concentration of it but thats some bad stuff. I'll find out more later. 1 gal
Power cleaner 100 $21.50---> Worked well also, thicker then the others but expensive for the size, 16.9oz.
Aluminox $28.95---> Another good product. 1 gal

The winner is Hydro-Foam: Best results for the money.
2nd place is Aluminox: Worked nearly as well as the winner but more expensive.
3rd place: Power cleaner 100: Worked as well as 2nd place but very expensive for the size, it clings better then the rest because it is a thicker liquid.
Last place: Alumi-brite: I must have got a bad gallon because this didn't do any better then water and scrub brush.

The Hydro-foam is not eligible for Amazon prime so that why I had to pay s&h. Not sure about Aluminox because its temp unavailable.
They are all dangerous chemicals even though some didn't contain hydrofluoric acid. The Aluminox said "does not contain hydrofluoric acid" and on the safety label it says "contains sulfuric acid". Doesn't sound any safer to me. I wore nitrile gloves and safety glasses while testing. Also, most say they work better in warm areas and I was testing outside at 26F. After testing and rinsing, you still have to polish the aluminum but its much easier then just polishing from raw. All need to be diluted to some degree when using but for the tests, I used them straight up.
This concludes my tests. All products were bought through Amazon.

Attachments

• IMG_0316.jpg
    IMG_0316.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Alumi-brite will work but the aluminum has to be pretty clean from oils first. Also need to spray it on and let it sit for a few seconds. Should see it start to foam just a little and then you can wipe it just to make sure it is even then hose it off. Seems to work good on most parts.

Aluma bright will only remove the oxidation, you will have to use a polish after alumna Brite . If you Souray alumna Brite on a new piece of polished aluminum it will turn it white

Maybe I got a dud, getting a refund. No foam and didnt remove any oxidation and the aluminum isnt that bad. I am trying to find something that will make my new(used) skid look almost new. I am testing the products on my old wildcat skid rails. Tunnel pic will be in the yamaha general area.

Last edited:

Back