Helix

Hammer Down

I run tight twisty trails mostly 25-50mph with a few long straights here and there. Running a 49-43 at 70*. I'd like more engine braking(backshift??). What next?

Last edited:

Stock 93 primary weights. Psi quads on otherwise stock engine. The other problem is cruising at constant Rpm, it will gradually bog if I for example try to hold a constant rpm cruise. Especially around 6-7000 rpm. Other than that, this setup is fantastic, sled flys. Just looking to fine tune it.

Are you running the 800 secondary on this sled ?

Yes, I'm running 800 chaincase, axle and secondary with stock silver spring 49-43 @ 70*. I still have the 93 stock primary weights but I have hauck blue w/2shims. I did pull the cover and spring off last night and the plastic slides were dirty. So I cleaned and lubed them. This helped with the cruising bog. I am pulling 8700 rpm too, which I need to get down to 8350.

i deleted my upper post, i did not know you updated to 800 driveline. yes you are over reving, two solutions different helix or add tip weight to your weights. also hammer hauck blue spring works great in the vmax 4, but some had binding issues unless you run tall cover. 3:16 (yammie tony)

move that thumb,,,, feather that throttle,,, no dead hand on that gas thingie on the right side of the bar...........

Back