viper track questions

maybz

I picked up an 02 viper e/r for the wife. The track is done. Can i get any suggestions on tracks, lug depth, pitch, makes etc. It will be all trail riding with this sled, debating on studs. Any advice is always appreciated.

I just bought a camoplast carve 1 inch for my wife's Viper ER from Royal. Installing 144 warthog X2P's when they arrive. I researched that you could install a 1.25" track but it leaves you no room to run studs safely without modifications ( undersized drivers, etc ).

Yes on the undersize drivers since the 1.25 track will hit the factory front heat exchanger guards. Ran into this on my SRX

Maybz, I have had terrific feedback on the 9028 ice attak track for this exact application. It is a great trail track with 3 main benefits. It is significantly less expensive than buying a track and studding it, it is considerably lighter than a studded track, and there is no time required to stud it. It will not give you the same amount of ski lift that a studded track may give you on pure ice but it gives you plenty of grip on an icy corner. We offer this at an extremely competitive price on our website. If you have any further questions, I would be happy to help you out. Thanks

-Matt

A 1.25 track studded with woody 1.325 studs will work with the stock drivers on a viper. You will have to trim the track down 1/4in at the track windows or the track will rub the tunnel and front heat ex protectors. A lot of work to change from the stock 9 tooth drivers to a 8 tooth driver. Have to switch clutching and gearing with the loss of top speed. My dad and I have been running 1.25in ripsaws with 1.32 woodys since 2010 with no issues on his 02 er vmax and my 03 er viper. About the clearance issue with the studs, we both have over a 1/2in of clearance from the studs to the front heat ex.

Maybz, I have had terrific feedback on the 9028 ice attak track for this exact application. It is a great trail track with 3 main benefits. It is significantly less expensive than buying a track and studding it, it is considerably lighter than a studded track, and there is no time required to stud it. It will not give you the same amount of ski lift that a studded track may give you on pure ice but it gives you plenty of grip on an icy corner.
Maybz,
This track that 2ooosrx is referring to is THEE exact track that you want to put your wife on. As long as she is not a Throttle Junky, you both will be more than happy with the purchase. And 1 heck of a lot less dinkin around with studs YOUR wife could give two hoots in h3ll about.

Hey all wondering if anyone could help me with finding a track for my Viper, it's a base model stock with added reverse, I mostly am on a semi packed trail, not groomed, and not often in the hills but sometimes and on ice, drifts, but not much, this year, I was thinking of getting studs added on, it's a stock track, some of the legs are missing some bits, but still ok for awhile lol

Sent from my D5106 using Tapatalk

I tried studs with 1.25 track, after one trip checked coolers and they were dinged up. We were off trail on an oil pipeline crossing and there is a lot of jumps and I heard them hitting even the back cooler was nicked up.

I tried studs with 1.25 track, after one trip checked coolers and they were dinged up. We were off trail on an oil pipeline crossing and there is a lot of jumps and I heard them hitting even the back cooler was nicked up.
I'd this still true on a 136 with drop brackets?

Sent from my E6560C using Tapatalk

I doubt drop bracket will affect the front exchange. Might not hit the back one though.

Back