Dconcb

The skid will too?
Looking at models that share the same track as my sweet, sweet
Enticer(ha!) makes me wonder if I could easily use any skid from a sled that
Uses the same track. Is it really that simple? Will a mountain max skid really
Fit my lil et? Forgive my ignorance, but if it will... Here's what I have:
ET 340 LT (KIT) (3) 81-88 3,4,8 15 2.52 54 ADKX0495475 A
School me please before I go waste money

In your case there are limitations on what will clear the track drivers and front of the tunnel, but generally anything can be put in anything if you get the measurements from the donor sled the skid and track are coming out of.

Thanks for the reply backwoods.
Seems to be a very common thing to do. Swapping skids.
But it's pretty difficult finding Info!
What should I be looking out for as far as clearance at the drivers??
I'm guessing the front of the tunnel would just be the width?
I guess I should start really looking at physical differences between the et and some
Possible donors. Any pointers you'd care to share?
I can rebuild transmissions, have a good tool collection and decent fab. Skills.
I'm just not finding any info on any similar swaps. Being new to sleds, I'm trying to research.
Knowing is half the battle!

I like Enticers, nice little sleds. Exactly what are you trying to do. Get more travel? Extend the tunnel? I don't think the Enticer would be a good choice if your trying to make a mountain sled out of it. For a different track, you have to look at length and where the windows are and drivers must match the lugs on track. I think I need more info of what you are trying to do. I'm pretty good at skid swaps and what to measure. I have no idea what kit you are refering to with all those numbers without researching.

Last edited:
The skid in it is junk, finding this part# (ADKX0495475 A)
Led me to several sleds that seem to share the same track.
In the end, I'd like a bit of travel. And also to shed a few lbs.
The enticer will be as light as I can get it, bucks down.
It won't see a tremendous amount of use, just a fun toy to use when time allows.
I got it real cheap and I don't mind putting some hours into it.
I just do t want to start buying parts that won't work without a huge amount of effort.
Looks like a Polaris +10 might be a good choice. Any pointers or advice would be great!

Replace the drivers to 2.52 pitch and put whatever you want for a track in. You can find some deals on take off 121 tracks.

Thanks maim!
The chart I found says the et340 has 2.52 pitch on it (136"track) so it seems
Like I'm good to go!!
So I'll start the search then!
I found a mountain max skid and excellent track for a great deal.
Lots of travel! I guess I'll check it out.
Thanks folks, looking foward to it!!

If you're transplanting skids make sure you get the measurements for mounting locations from the donor sled. I like to make a cardboard template if the donor doesn't have a new skid installed yet. If it does take the best measurements you can.

Sweet, the skid is still in it so I'll tripple check the measurements.
Center of drive to foward hole center,
Front to back center to center,
Underside of tunnel, top to center on both front and back.
Correct?
I e got all summer so if anyone has a better or lighter skid recommendations
Let me know. Thanks so much for the help folks!

So my buddy has a rebuilt skid with fox shocks and a real nice track I can have for free!
But... It's off a 93 polaris xlt sks.
Looks like it's a 133.5" track? It is listed as the same pitch and width as my enticer...
Discuss please

my first "mod sled" buildwas my sons 1981 enticer 250. I had a 136x1.5 and skid outta my old '96 Vmax. Pretty cut n dry, the biggest challenge were the drivers. I ended up modifying the OEM drivers to accomodate the 136. I had reservations in the beginning about the small motor having the life sucked out of it by such an increase in track and its footprint, but much to my suprise gearing, clutching and stock motor worked greta. the only problem was that the front of that sled was always off the ground. That was our first mod build together and has led to 3 other builds now for us. If you can dream it you can do it

So my buddy has a rebuilt skid with fox shocks and a real nice track I can have for free!
But... It's off a 93 polaris xlt sks.
Looks like it's a 133.5" track? It is listed as the same pitch and width as my enticer...
Discuss please

For starters you have a long tack version of the ET that's why it is 2.52 pitch. Most were 3.29 (standard track). You are lucky here in that 2.52 pitch tracks are very common and easy to find in good used condition. Any will work as long as you have clearance for the lug hight. ET's had a short lug and not much room anything real tall. Also the drivers on ET's are smaller in diameter than most other sleds so take that into consideration when transferring measurements from another sled during a skid swap. If the donor has larger drivers and you transfer measurements from it's tunnel to yours the track will be way loose when you put things together.

Good luck, opsled

Back