1993 enticer 11 410 carb/fuel/starvation running issue! Ovation style carb

Phazerst

Hello again
Another fun problem has found me. I have a 1993 enticer 11 that won't keep a good idle and has a bog unless you push through it on the throttle and give it a little choke. Runs good once you pass the bog. It will sometimes idle and then eventually start to die out like it is running out of fuel until you give it a quick choke then it will pick back up. This sled shares the same two barrel carb as the ovation.

I have split and put new crankshaft seals on, new in tank filter, checked fuel pump, cleaned carb multiple times, this is not a clutching bog. It only has 3k miles and is completely mint other then my darn running issue. As far as the carb itself it was clean when I started but I blew through all passage ways, adjusted air screws a bunch, oil pump is at 22mm, tors is by passed, and played with the float level. It kind of runs like something that has a pilot jet partially plugged so I kept thinking I am missing a air way but I am pretty sure I got them perfect. I have read a bunch on ovation carb trouble but haven't found one like mine yet

Thanks for any ideas

Had the same problem a few weeks ago on my fathers 1996 ET410II.Seems water or ice gets in the fuel(Frost on inside of tank).Kept running the sled to get lots of heat built up under the hood,then it cleared itself up after letting it idle down slowly.Hope this helps.

I have drained fuel and replaced with premium. It has the stock air box. At this point it also has the stock pilot and mains but I am thinking of going up on the pilots. After playing with it tonight I can get it to run better if I run the air screw out almost three turns.

I was going to say something about the pilots. Maybe they are the wrong ones??? Are you sure it's the air screw? Sounds too rich. What do the plugs look like when you are in the boggy area? The air screw leans it when backing it off. I can't remember the carb those things ran.

Back