big bore 700sx to 800

nelsonhouse

where do i find big bore 800 pistons for a 1997 vmax 700. what are the big bore kits available out there for a vmax700?
i have a machinist friend that has the equipment to bore out a cylinder to any size i want. he only needs the piston size to do it.
he also has the equipment to replate it after.

Have you checked with Bender?

i checked there website.

does this make it a 900cc?

Bender Racing Piston Kit for Bender Racing 900cc MM,SX,SXr,R,Vmax (redhead) Big Bore Motors.
Kit Includes: Piston,Rings,Circlips
This is a OVERSIZE bore piston.(+.020)

i checked there website.

does this make it a 900cc?

Bender Racing Piston Kit for Bender Racing 900cc MM,SX,SXr,R,Vmax (redhead) Big Bore Motors.
Kit Includes: Piston,Rings,Circlips
This is a OVERSIZE bore piston.(+.020)

Without doing the math - I don't think .020" over (x3) will get you 50 more CC's, let alone 200.

If you go to 900 you have to get bigger pipes. My 800 big bore which I think is around 760cc uses 73mm pistons. Wiseco pistons part#9865m, rings part# 2874kd. Call Wiseco direct or Hauck is good to deal with.

i found one more option from wossner.
there email responce to me.

Thank you for your interest in Wossner Pistons. We do not currently offer an overbore piston for the Yamaha Vmax 700. We can manufacture it as a custom piston.

There is a 4 piston minimum on all custom orders. The cost would be $800.00 for 4 pistons including rings, pins, and locks. We also offer a moly skirt coating for an additional $25.00 per piston. The current lead time for custom pistons is 8-10 weeks.

I have 2 bender 800 cylinders and a sleeve for a third, also have the matching head and various pistons/gaskets. $300 canadian shipped. pm me for details.

Back