2000 SRX thumb warmer voltage

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
Does anyone with a 2000 SRX have a volt metre that could take a reading at the plug where the leads plug together? The service manual is good to a point but if there's one thing I'd like to see them include in the future is voltage readings.

I don't think so,the 2000 grip and thumb warmers are fed through the cdi if I'm not mistaken,seems to me I read that somewhere,either way I believe the '01 and '02 are different.I have my '01 in my shed now and was going to measure the voltage on it but the thumb warmer is on a different circuit than the grips,or at least have a separate potentiometer,and the '00 has the thumb and grips wired the same as the '98/99s.

I do still need the numbers but my sled has been summerized and I won't have the chance to measure the voltages again til the fall.I did actually measure the thumb warmer power wire and it seems to me it was in the neighborhood of 5-6 Vac,but I'm not sure if this is correct or if it's low.Seems to me the old electrical system on my 98 put 12Vac to the thumb warmer so I'm thinking the 2000 system should be similar.

I would think it should be 12v, wouldn't know why it would be below that.
Mine is stored too,but thinking of breaking them out for a grass drag soon.
:)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think so,the 2000 grip and thumb warmers are fed through the cdi if I'm not mistaken,seems to me I read that somewhere,either way I believe the '01 and '02 are different.I have my '01 in my shed now and was going to measure the voltage on it but the thumb warmer is on a different circuit than the grips,or at least have a separate potentiometer,and the '00 has the thumb and grips wired the same as the '98/99s.

the 00,01 & 02 should be the same, all fed through the CDI. the 00 had one control for hand and thumb harmers and the 01 & 02 had seperate controls for the hand and thumb warmers.

I would think it should be 12v, wouldn't know why it would be below that.
Mine is stored too,but thinking of breaking them out for a grass drag soon.
:)

Cool,I would love to see some grass drags around here this year,but there's not many groups or organizations willing to take on this kind of event.

This is just a backyard local thing.Once a year,burgers beer and run what ya can.
Good time.

Back