Simons CPR pipes with heavey hitters HELP ?

furg69

Hey Guys, Looking for some help with my 99 Vmax 700. I have the sled jetted with the pipes. It came with a heavy hitter clutch kit installed and a advant edge helix which i'm still uncertain of the angle. Do these heavy hitters just require the stock yamaha springs in the primary and secondary?

im going through a piping project on a viper myself right now. i dont know anything about the heavy hitter weights. but i do know that the stiffer the pretension on your primary spring the higher your sled will engauge when it takes off. and the combination of spring rate and total force will influence your operating rpms at w.o.t. basically u use different spring rates to straigten the shift curve and keep the rpms running the same throughout the run. the weights should be used to get your initial optimal rpms correct. the clutch kit should have come with a primary spring or 2. i would try to identify everything then go from there as in what gram are your base weights? what springs if any came with the kit? im not knowlegable enough to know excatly what you would need to do myself but i figured id share with ya what i do know as i am learning myself.

oh just wanted to add. that clutching is a sceince, you have to post all the technical info on what your workin with, for the primary and secondary, for someone with good experience to give an accurate resonse..... otherwise the most you would get is a guess. ex. no one can accuratley reccomend a sping for your secondary without knowing the angle of helix your running. or even if you want to run that paticular helix for your riding style. or setup. so on and so fourth. knowing exactly what your working with is 3/4 of the battle.. hope this helps.
Andrew.

Heavy Hitter clutch weights can be tuned to what ever clutch spring you prefer. Most people start with stock and then can fine tune engagement or peak rpm with a different spring if needed. I really like the design of the heavy hitter weights due to the adjustments remaining centered on the weight.

Back