New for next season

ModMMax

Hello All,
Once again, I'm rebuilding a Yamaha 700 MM. The current version works well enough to be competitive with most new mountain sleds. Progress to date includes the following mods. 151/15/2.3 Camo track, coated PSI triple pipes, MPI head c/w 19 cc domes, rolled chain case, roller driven, extravert 9 tooth drivers, trick primary, Boss high top seat, Diamond S fabric hood, AC skid, 20/42 gears, ATACC compensator, MPI remote fuel screw adjusters, Simmons skis. The new version will have a welded crank, 162 MPI tunnel, 162/16/2.3 Camo track, 30 hp Boss Noss, all available MPI lightweight front end parts. I want to increase traction, increase hp to 160 on the bottle at 10,000 ft and reduce weight to 450 lbs. My only experience with Noss has been to endure repeated beatings in Cooke City, MT by a bottle fed Rev. Will appreciate all advice. Parts arrive mid June. Construction starts then. I will keep a photo journal and post.

Huh....Reminds me of a sled I built last summer :)

Attachments

• Mod3.jpg
    Mod3.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Mod4.jpg
    Mod4.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 81
the sled is sexy and about the same look im going for on my MM, r the clear hoods good ive herd they crack easy in the cold and ive also herd there indistructable?

I have never used a clear hood although they look really good. I'm using a Diamond S fabric hood. Ultra light weight and really tough. Looks great and gets rid of the heat really well.

More updates

Here are some more pics. Track, suspension, front end and chain case are finished.Waiting on engine parts.

Attachments

• sled 004.jpg
    sled 004.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 31
  • sled 005.jpg
    sled 005.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 32
  • sled 006.jpg
    sled 006.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 48
  • sled 007.jpg
    sled 007.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 53
  • sled 002.jpg
    sled 002.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 33
Not yet. Waiting for the engine to go in. I'm hoping for 450#. Skid frame, tunnel, front end, hood and seat all represent a weight loss. Nitous adds a little. I'll post the weight when its finished.

Once again Ty gets the first look. Nearly finished. Still working on nitrous.

Attachments

• Mod 97 engine pics 001.jpg
    Mod 97 engine pics 001.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 28
  • Mod 97 engine pics 002.jpg
    Mod 97 engine pics 002.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 27
  • Mod 97 engine pics 003.jpg
    Mod 97 engine pics 003.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 30
Nitrous

Tell me about your nitrous. What brand? How many HP. Wet or dry? Is the blue color on the brake caliper and other parts anodized, painted? What did you use to get the blue plug wires?

The Nitrous is a dry Boondocker 45Hp version, the blue on the caliper and parts is high heat brake caliper paint by VHT. on the cylinder head (the side parts) and a few other parts were a spray paint to match anodizing look, it wokrs great, the blue plug wires are stock with Blue Loom over them cut to length bought at any auto parts store, 1/2" diameter I beleive I bought...

Back