how about a ride in new york

i think they do have a ny ride but the guy that gets it together is on the 4 stroke forum,so take a look over there.....

Doesn't New York State have some crazy sled registration laws ??
I was gonna go a few years back (Tug Hill) then I was told I would have to visit a BMV department to get a New York registration # for my Ohio registered sled.
I said the hell with it, if they can't honor my Ohio registration sticker then they can stick it up their...... :Moon:

yeah they do but i dont think they will bother you...besides i rarely ever see cops out on the trail.if i have to i will give you sum stickers..join us..(just report to the dmv that my stickers came off & they give me new ones)& then stick them on yours

Can you tell me a little more about their out of state snowmobile registration policy. I would like to register by mail if possible so when I get to New York I can spend my time riding and not dealing with some ***hole at the BMV.

srxbully said:
yeah they do but i dont think they will bother you...besides i rarely ever see cops out on the trail.if i have to i will give you sum stickers..join us..(just report to the dmv that my stickers came off & they give me new ones)& then stick them on yours

Hmmmmmmm...........i have some canadian freinds who want to ride over here too.

I'm in

Hey I would have responded sooner but I just saw the post. Just let me know where and when.

Madmatt

NY TY ride....

Ride plans are brewing already on the TY 4-Stroke site, if you wanted to get in on it. It is a annual (in the 3rd year that I know of) trip that a bunch of great guys from the site put together. This trip happens to be planned for first week of February. Feel free to get in on this one or start your own. Let me (and everybody else) else know if you plan on doing one before or after that date as I NEVER miss a TY ride. Always a good time.
--Steve (O.C.)

you are supposed to register you sled in NY if you are from out of state, and i'm sure there will be more law on the trails this year with it being the first year with the 55MPH speed limit.

but anyway, i'm in!

If you plan on riding in NY, you MUST have your sled registered in NY ($45) and carry basic liability insurance......to "legally" ride, that is. Last season I was stopped by D.E.C police 3 times on the trails. Two times in Tug Hill area and once around Skanteales (sp?). NY State does not accept other states registrations, not reciprocal.

Here is the link to DMVwebsite, regarding snowmobiles...
http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/dmvfaqs.htm#Snowmobiles

Hope this helps.

-Steve (O.C.)

Back