srx questions??

scooter

I have a 2002 srx 700 and want to do some mods this summer. I was thinking of purchasing some Simmons skis to try and get more floation in deep snow. It just plows right now and was wondering if those skis will help? Also wanted to do something with the clutches but have know idea what to do. I looked through all the charts on this site and was hoping someone could help me out. I don't want to have to tune on it constantly so I need something that is proven to work. One last thing, I have bender transfer rods and didn't see much weight transfer improvement, are the maximum performance rods better? thanks

A little advice on the ski's. Make sure the saddle isn't lower than stock. I had C&A's on mine last year and they sit about an 1" or so lower at the mounting point and I had a lot of darting issues. I tried many different set-ups with the skid and couldn't get it lined out perfectly. I then went back to the stock ski's and had a much easier time figuring it out. The lower mounting point seemed to shift too much weight up front, and I couldn't compensate for it enough for my liking. Just my experience.

Get a good look at the ski that you intend to buy and compare it to the stock ski, specifically at the saddle area where the bolt slides through the ski. On the C&A's it is obvious on how much lower the sled will sit, I'm not sure about the other aftermarket ski's.

the bender rods are just too tight in a SRX, I found they froze on me and had better luck with the Maxx Perf Rods. I agree on the skis but you can beat the way they carve....but they will dart and feel extremely heavy. Are you looking for a clutch kit???

Your right there about the carving. I have 196 studs in the rear and she still stayed planted in the corners. The darting just killed me when I was in high traffic areas going slow. For my trips during the week, when I know I will be going a little faster I throw the C&A's on, and for the trips with my dad on the week end I put the stock ski's on. Doesn't take long and gives me what I want for control.

yes, the viper has longer spindles and when those skis are put on the SX-R the saddle is lower and will drop the front end down....might not be as drastic because the SX-r is lighter. I run C&As on my SX-R but I also align the skis perfectly straight with no toe in or out and that makes a world of difference ;)!

I want to do something with the clutch to get more low to mid power. My buddies F7 walks right by me from 50 to 75 mph. I just don't want to have to test and tune on it all the time.

SRX

Well i have had the Bender TS-3 rods for 3 seasons now and had no trouble i think that they are great and the easyest to adjust on the trail.As for a clutck kit i run heal clickers just love them But every sed is abit different and depending on your secondy set up and weight you will be spending some time getting dialed in and when you do you will love'm too
if you have the time and patents.for the secondary im running a RX3 ROLLER KIT form ADVANT-EDGE MOTORSPORT he is the guy that invented the roller rooster that bender use to sell if your interested cll and ask for Rick tell him what you have and what you wont and he should be able to set you up PHONE 905-458-7226 :rockon: :rockon:

I have run my bender Ts-3 on my 01 srx for i think 3 seasons now havent had a problem.I run C&A trail skis on my srx and it doesnt dart or anything she is planted like a tree but yet when i want some ski lift all i have to do is lean a little bit and up she comes makes for a super fun sled almost unbeatable in the trails and across the lake.Sweet YOOP sled!!!!!!

I must have had a bad set of ts3...I hated them...always iced up and stuck...

Scooter, Did you check out the Tech Section on the Main site....there is quite a few nice set ups form other users ....I may have a good starting point for you....are you able to change clutch parts??

Mr. Sled,
I looked in the tech section but don't really know what to pick from. I'm not drag racing or anything like that. Just trail, river, and lakes. We do line them up on the lakes and rivers and see who is the fastest other than that we just ride. So which setup do I need??? I way 200 with everything on.
Thanks.

Me and Larry at Noth Country Yamaha found this to work great on the trails and occasional race in a 2001 srx. 89A-10 weights with 3.6 in the inner hole and 4.5 in the outer with stock sec spring and 15mm rollers, 48/43 helix with a white sec spring at 0/2. If you need any of these parts you can contact him and he might have refiend it for the 02s but I have not had a chance to speek with him on it. 715-453-2626. I know the 01s and the 02 like to rev a little higher...8450 to 8500 rpm.

Mr. Sled,
I notice in the parts section there is 2 different 15 mm rollers, which one??
I need to get a new secondary spring and reuse my primary? Do you know of any books on clutching that I could buy so I can learn and play with this stuff?

Back