TY mileage - IKE

Ike

Ok. last saturday 16th we decided with brother Samueljackson that lack of snow would not hold us down. So we packed our sleds to my trailer and took off with Samueljacksons Toyota 4X4 Hiace van to Levi. A 2,5 hour ride. Actually Levi is only 100 km´s north-west from my place, but since we headed out from our parents place, the ride was twice as long.

For those who don´t know where Levi is, it is the place where the White Circus, also known as the Downhill skiing World Cup starts. Lots groomed trails and snow. http://www.levi.fi/pages/index.php?id=1&language=eng_win

Some pics.

My odometer before the season start.

We headed out to the trail from the local Yamaha dealers yard...

Anyway, I got only 7 km´s of riding done. My track still rubbet the coolers in the tunnel, soo.... Some of you know that I changed my track to a 136 inch RipSaw with 1,25 inch lugs this summer. I knew that it wouldn´t fit under my sled without some cutting / modding. But I never knew it would take 3 tries before the track finally would fit. This trip was before try number 3...

After Samueljackson finally decided to call it a day, we had a pizza in the local pizzeria before we headed back.

Ike

To Luosto and back.

I was out today with a friend of mine. He rides a ´06 Lynx 600 SDI Xtrim. It has 144 inch track with a 1,5 inch lugs.

We rode to luosto ski resort and back --- > http://www.laplandluosto.fi/winter/

We did 111km´s on fresh powder. We had really good time. Only downside was I hit a pine stump and bent my ski.

That´s me ...

Scenery.

Trail.

Frozen helmet.

Ike

Last edited:

At Luosto. Ready for some snacks...

Trail

Grouse on those trees.

Bent ski

Ike

Last edited:
Wow that is sweet keep them comin you are eazin my nerves, from lack of snow.

Nice scenery pics

Chad

chadg said:
Wow that is sweet keep them comin you are eazin my nerves, from lack of snow.

Nice scenery pics

Chad

Thank´s Chad. Unfortunately my camera froze and didn´t get any more shots.. LOL!

Ike

that lynx is a nice looking sled. I like the double wheel setup by the axle

Yep. It is a nice sled. Gets amazing mileage! SDI used 20 litres to that 111km´s so the mileage is 18 L / 100km. I used 28 litres to that 111km´s... so my mileage is about 25,2 L / 100km.

Rails are tipped from the end (those double wheels) to get better turning without compromising the deep snow flotation. It wrks.

Ike

Last edited:
Part of the trail to Luosto ski resort. My gps does not have external powersupply, so it froze and ran out of batteries... Have to fix that sometime.

Ike

Last edited:
I was out in the field today. Got about 50km´s of riding done. We got really dumped with snow today. Big snowstorm over Finland right now. Higher areas have over 2 feet of snow now and more is coming down.

I went and checked how our loggers were doing. Everything was going according to the schedule there.

Pics:

It´s nice rip around the forestry roads with my sled...

In the woods.

Ike

Last edited:
Thank´s FuzzButt!

Map of the area where I was yesterday.

Ike

Last edited:
Awesome pics. Glad to see someone is riding out there.

Can you call up Tuomo Ruutu and ask him to start playing better? The Blackhawks need him. Thanks.

Blkhwkbob said:
Awesome pics. Glad to see someone is riding out there.

Can you call up Tuomo Ruutu and ask him to start playing better? The Blackhawks need him. Thanks.

That just might be impossible, I mean Tuomo Ruutu and good play... LOL! Last time those Ruutu brothers were on our national team, all they did was sit on the penalty box. Well, he´s not that bad. Just needs to stay healthy and grow some goal scroring nerves. Look what happened when Selänne had his knees operated and season off for rest and getting healthy ( the strike). He´s scoring like in his rookieseason.

Ike

Selanne has been on fire for two years now. Ruutu isn't hitting much, or scoring much, so he has pretty much lost his game.

That bent ski gave me trouble. It widened the hole from the original 10mm to 17mm. so there was a BIG slop in my steering.

Had it welded shut and new holes drilled. Works great now.

Also weather has been awful here: almost 3 weeks now -30 and below.... so no riding for me until weather warmes.

That ski...

View from my parents yard. Yamaha´s ..

Welding

Ike

FINALLY the weather gave in and temps were back to normal. I did go ridin after 6 WEEKS. Those - 30 c temps aren´t my favourite weathers... And I´ve been ill for last 2 weeks also.

We did 219 km´s yesterday. Wonderful weather and lots of snow. My V4 is really working well after the dealers service. Absolutely a great day!

We visited two of the nearest fjells here in Sodankylä: Kaarestunturi ja Oratunturi.

Now some pics.

Ike

Last edited:
More pics...

My sled used average of 24 litre / 100km. Not that bad. That RS Rage didn´t have to refuel at all..

Ike

Last edited:

Sorry, no action pics this time. We were too busy riding the awesome highground trails LOL

Ike

Last edited:
Remember that friend of mne who rides that black LYNX 600 sdi Xtrim? well, we saw him also on the trails. He had bent a spindle from his sled after hitting a rock.

Our lunch... MAN food, again.

Ike

Back